Coronavirus (COVID-19) Important Updates

Community and Business responsibilities: COVID-Safe Plan

Community Services and Businesses that were previously directed to close and now reopened must complete a COVID-Safe Plan before they can reopen.

This Plan will outline how your staff and patrons can be kept safe from COVID-19. The plan must be completed and made available at your business premises. If your business was allowed to reopen during Step 1 of South Australia’s Roadmap to Recovery, you must complete a Plan.

If your committee or group has not completed the COVID-Safe Plan, or does not have the plan available at your premises when requested, you can be fined up to $5000 on the sport for non-compliance, or face prosecution.

Please find the link to the COVID-19-Safe Plan Form here -

For more information, please contact the SA COVID-19 Information line - 1800 253 787 offers local information and advice on general COVID-19 information for South Australians. Operates from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm every day.

For technical help, contact

*The communities are advised that the same social distancing and good hygiene practices still apply and have not been eased at this stage*

The most up to date and reputable information and alerts regarding COVID-19 should be sourced directly from

Any additional information can be sourced from;

Australian Government Department of Health –

SA Health -

You can also call the Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080

Dismiss alert

Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 1991 gives members of the public the right to access documents, subject to some restrictions. The Act gives you a legal right to:

  • request access to documents held by State Government agencies, Government Ministers, Local Councils or State Universities
  • request the amendment of documents about you which are incomplete, incorrect, out-of-date or misleading
  • seek a review of a decision made by a State Government agency, Government Minister, Local Council or University

A number of exemptions are necessary to ensure that other people's privacy is not breached or that the proper administration of Government is not adversely affected. Examples of documents that you may be refused access to include:

  • documents that would lead to an unreasonable disclosure of another person's affairs
  • documents that contain trade secrets or information of commercial value
  • documents affecting law enforcement and public safety
  • documents subject to legal professional privilege or parliamentary privilege.

For further information, refer to Schedule 1 to the Freedom of Information Act 1991.

FOI Officer

Any questions or quires can be directed to our Freedom of Information Officer. They can discuss the document(s) you are looking to access and give any guidance required.

The Freedom of Information Officer will be available to guide you in any instance as to whether your application is necessary and its possibility of being an exempt document. You may contact the Freedom of Information Officer on 8666 2014 or via email.

Submitting an FOI Application

Freedom of Information Application Form

Freedom of Information Fees and Charges 2019

Fill in all the necessary details and post your application with the appropriate fee to:

Freedom of Information OfficerDistrict Council of Mount Remarkable 
PO Box 94


Email you application to:

Your application can be emailed, however the it will not be considered 'officially received' until payment has also been received. If you choose to take this option please put a note with the payment advising of the application it relates to.

If you prefer to write a letter requesting access to documents, your letter must:

  • specify that you are making an application under the Freedom of information Act 1991
  • include your name and your postal address in Australia
  • describe the documents you would like to access
  • specify whether the documents contain information about your personal affairs
  • request how you want to access the document eg do you wish to inspect the document or do you want a copy
  • include the application fee unless you are lodging an application to amend your personal records or you hold a concession card (proof will be required)
  • be sent directly to the State Government department or agency, Government Minister, Local Council or State University that holds the information

The application must be delivered or posted to:

Freedom of Information OfficerDistrict Council of Mount Remarkable 
3 Stuart Street (PO Box 94 for postal applications)

Further Information

Contact the Freedom of Information Officer on 8666 2014 or via email.

Visit the State Records website.